Shipping & Delivery
- Amazon bought a connected camera/doorbell company. They’ve been looking at ways to help people protect their packages from getting stolen off their porches. This seems natural.
- Jan 22, 2018 – It’s an 1800 sq ft store in Seattle. People can grab stuff and walk out. There’s no cashiers. There’s just lots and lots of cameras.
- Jan 22, 2018 – Om Malik
- This type of store is already popular in Asia.
- This shows how heavily that Amazon is going to move into computer vision
- It’s like augmented reality.
- Jan 23, 2018 – Amazon is now a first class ad platform
- Jan 28, 2018 – Amazon has a growing ad business.
- “WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell projected the firm would spend $200 million placing ads with Amazon in 2017.”
- “according to a new report by J.P. Morgan analyst Doug Anmuth, the company racked up an estimated $2.8 billion in 2017 ad revenue.”