- Jan 9, 2018 – a group of prominent investors told Apple to look into phone addiction. Apple responded back saying they’re gonna offer more parental controls.
- Jan 14, 2018 – Prominent investor Bijan Sabet says there are enough bugs in the iPhone X that he’s switching to the iPhone 8 Plus.
- Jan 22, 2018 – According to analysts, there’s already rumors of troubles with the iPhone X. It’s not popular in China.
- Jan 23, 2018 – the iPhone X had “29 million units shipped in the fourth quarter of last year. “
- Jan 24, 2018 – Can download their health records. How many hospitals or health networks?
- 2017 Holiday Season was HUGE for the App Store“$300 million in purchases made on New Year’s Day 2018”
- “During the week starting on Christmas Eve, a record number of customers made purchases or downloaded apps from the App Store, spending over $890 million in that seven-day period.”
- Jan 2, 2018 – Apple acquired BuddyBuild, which makes tools that help you build apps.
Content Business (Apple Music)
- Apple has gotten into the content business with Apple Music. They can distribute streaming music and video across their devices. There’s incredible power in being the default offering.
- Apple has too much cash. A lot of it is sitting outside the United States. So if they bring it back in, they’ll want to do something with it. Dec 31, 2017 Citi says there’s a 40% chance that Apple will buy Netflix.
- Jan 9, 2018 – Jimmy Iovine is denying that he’s leaving Apple
- Jan 25, 2018 – Apple is working with the director of La La Land
- Jan 26, 2018 – Starting to see what we think are Apple’s cars in the wild.
- Jan 15, 2018 – Apple Carplay is coming to Toyota. They hadn’t picked a car os prior to this.
- Jan 23, 2018 – HomePod will be released Feb 9th. It missed the holiday season. It’s focused on music over smarts.
- Jan 9, 2018 – Belkin’s HomeKit hub was supposed to be out last fall. It’s new hardware just to work with Apple Siri.