- Jan 23, 2018 – “six in ten Americans have heard of Bitcoin in general”
- Jan 23, 2018 – Stripe has ended support. It’s more of a asset vs for transaction purposes.
- Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund but $15M and now selling/sold for $150M.
- Extremists like the alt right and white nationalists have been blocked by most payments systems. So white nationalists use bitcoin.
- South Korea
- South Korea is making people use their real names when they trade bitcoin. People in South Korea are going bananas for bitcoin. They want to cut back on illegal activity. Regulators are concerned that this is an overheated market. This is trying to protect against it.
- Bitcoin took a tumble after South Korea added new regulations. Shows how volatile this crytpo-currency market is .