- According to VC Fred Wilson, cryptocurrencies are absolutely in the frenzy phase. The frenzy has driven considerable funding. They need to hit a turning point where they actually start popping and becoming mature.
- Dec 8, 2017 — There are A LOT of cryptocurrency startups that are listing jobs on AngelList.
- Jan 3, 2018 – Russia & Venezuela are looking at creating national cryptocurriencies.
- Jan 10, 2018 – South Korea is banning trading of cryptocurrencies. There’s too much shady stuff.
- Jan 13, 2018 – There’s a culture of bro’s getting rich on crytpocurrencies.
- Jan 23, 2018 – People have chat rooms to promote the pump and dump of different cryptocurriencies. Crazy what you can get away.
- Dec 22, 2017 – They’re really focused on making Coinbase a trusted experience. They shut down trading to make sure it’s a secure experience in high trading.
- Jan 22, 2018 – Booked $1B in revenue. Now there’s so many outside investors that are trying to by secondary shares.
- The CEO of Exmo Finance was kidnapped for $1M bitcoin.
- Jan 25, 2018 – Robinhood is going to offer fee-free trades