- NY Times – Drones Kill, Yes, but They Also Rescue, Research and Entertain (May 11, 2017)
- Recode – U.S. drone sales have more than doubled from last year (April 10, 2017)
Consumer leader – DJI
- Mostly powered by DJI, in China, drones are used for everything.
- Recode – DJI is running away with the drone market (April 14, 2017)
- Jan 3, 2018 – DJI has $2.7B in rev. The consumer drone industry isn’t in decline, like lots of people think.
- Jan 25, 2018 – DJI launched the Mavic Air drone. $399 to $799
Business Use cases
- Medical Delivery
- Commercial Delivery
- Jan 11, 2018 – Boeing built a drone that can carry something that’s 500 lbs.
- Recode – Watch Amazon’s Prime Air make its first public U.S. drone delivery (March 24, 2017)
- VentureBeat – Walmart could soon use drones to deliver purchases (March 17, 2017)
- TechCrunch – UPS tests show delivery drones still need work (Feb 21, 2017)
- NY Times – Preventing a Free-for-All With Drone Strikes (March 16, 2017)
- Washington Post – Use of weaponized drones by ISIS spurs terrorism fears (Feb 21, 2017)
- Justice dept is trying to figure out how to stop people from dropping phones via drones into prisons. Can they jam them?
- Jan 9, 2018 – GoPro got out of the drone business. Had a bad product launch.