- Ohio Gov John Kasich makes the case that loose about war with North Korea just makes it more likely. We need to lean more on sanctions.
- UN just stepped up sanctions. North Korea called this an act of war.
- While sanctions can be high, not a lot of people follow them.
- Donald Trump’s strategy of starving North Korea through sanctions economically isn’t working. Countries are doing business with North Korea regardless. DJT has to be getting frustrated. When will he act out?
United States & North Korea
- Jan 14, 2018 – the USA is prepping their military as if war with North Korea will happen.
- Jan 16, 2018 – HR McMaster had a secret meeting with the Japanese and South Koreans to talk about the North Koreans.
Donald Trump & North Korea
- Donald Trump treats his relationship with Kim Jong-un as a celebrity accomplice.
- Trump talks about how his nuclear button is bigger.
- Jan 11, 2018 – North Korea announced how much they’re a fan of “Fire & Fury” by Michael Wolff.
- Jan 11, 2018 – Donald Trump thinks he has a great relationship with with Kim Jong-Un. He declined to say whether or not they’d talked.
China & North Korea
- China is likely still sending oil to North Korea. How will Trump respond? will we sanction China?
- South Korea stopped a tanker ship that was headed to North Korea. Trump has accused China of violating sanctions and getting oil to NK via ship to ship transfer.
- Jan 10, 2018 – There’s a woman in China that’s been spearheading trade with North Korea and violating sanctions.
Russia & North Korea
South Korea & North Korea
- North Korea has reached out to South Korea. They want to send a delegation to the Olympics.
- North Korea reaching out to South Korea undercuts Trump’s tough talk.
- Jan 2, 2018 – South Korea is proposing meeting with North Korea on a border town.
- Jan 3, 2018 – North Korea & South Korea opened the border hotline.
- Jan 5, 2018 – Talks next week.
- Jan 8, 2018 – North Korea is sending a group to the Olympics
- Jan 13, 2018 – They’re discussing having a join hockey team for the whole Korea peninsula
- Jan 20, 2018 – North is coming to South Korea to check out the Olympics ahead of time
- They have some soviet missile technology that they can shoot from subs. Thought is that they picked up the tech at a soviet fire sale.
- Jan 6, 2018 – The US CIA didn’t anticipate that the nuclear weapons would advance this quickly. They were caught by surprise. There’s a history of Soviet nuclear scientists that have made their way to North Korea.