- Robert Mueller doesn’t talk much. He acts.
- May 18, 2017 – Mueller is beloved by both parties.He took over the FBI right before 9/11 and steered it through
- Ran the FBI for 12 years.
- Appointed by George W Bush.
- Jan 28, 2018 – Lindsay Graham said that Mueller was the perfect guy
- Jan 28, 2018 – Congressman Gowdy said he supports Mueller 100%
Department of Justice
- Rod Rosenstein – Assistant Attorney General
As the investigation has gotten closer to Trump, the campaign against the the Justice Department and the FBI has gotten more intense.
- Andrew McCabe
- Jan 24, 2018 – He voted in the republican primary in 2016 but not in the general election
- His wife got money from Terry M for her state senate campaign.
- FISA Warrant Controversy & Nunes Memo
- Jan 24, 2018 – Congressman Devin Nunes made a memo that he won’t share with anyone that says FBI got an illegal fisa warrant. Justice Dept calls it reckless
- Jan 27, 2018 – Trump wanted the Nunes memo released
- Jan 28, 2018 – Rod Rosenstein approved the extension of the FISA warrant.
- Jan 30, 2018 – Nunes won’t say whether he worked with the White House.
- Jan 31, 2018 – Paul Ryan supports the memo. Sees it as a way to cleanse the FBI.
- Jan 31, 2018 – FBI condems the memo
- Text Messages Scandal
- Missing Texts Scandal
Status of the Investigation
- Collusion with Russia
- Obstruction of Justice
- Threats to his investigation
- Will his power get curbed
- Will he pardon the people in his circle
- Smear Mueller
- Fire Mueller
- Congressional Protection
- Republicans are pretty split on whether they support or are against the investigation.
- Trump Tower Meeting with Russian Lawyer
- Trump thinks that Mueller will treat him fairly but that the investigation makes USA look bad.
- Jan 8, 2018 – Robert Mueller is looking to interview Donald Trump
- Mueller’s team subpoenaed Deutsche Bank records. Trump had a lot of debt with them.
- Jan 23, 2018 – “Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is seeking to question President Trump in the coming weeks about his decisions to oust national security adviser Michael Flynn and FBI Director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with his plans.”
- Jan 24, 2018 – Trump says he’s willing to talk to Mueller.
- Jan 25, 2018 – Donald Trump tried to fire Robert Mueller as he’s gotten closer to making an obstruction case. He’s said that Mueller has too many conflicts of interest.
- Jan 26, 2018 – Trump is trying to discredit any of the witnesses.
- He had a drunken conversation with the an Australian diplomat about Russia having dirt on Hillary Clinton.
- He’s more important than he’s being portrayed. He helped plan some high level international meetings.
- Jan 22, 2018 – His fiance has talked to the Mueller team. She’s now talking to reporters to try and protect him. She’s saying that he knows more than whats reported in the media. He wasn’t a coffee boy.
- Michael Flynn shows that Mueller is closing in.
- Michael Flynn getting a deal is making DJT worried.
- Told Russians that sanctions would be ripped up.
- Trump’s team wants to attack Flynn’s credibility but Trump said he was a “really good man.”
- Jan 24, 2018 – Flynn met privately with the FBI in the White House without counsel.
- He was violating his bail by trying to help with an op-ed.
- Paul Manafort is suing Robert Mueller to try and limit the scope of his investigation.
- Profile in the Atlantic
Rick Gates (Manafort’s Right Hand)
- Jan 23, 2018 – Rick Gates just added a BIG time lawyer. This shows he may be switching from not guilty.
- Donald Trump told Don McGann to prevent Jeff Sessions from recusing himself. Trump wanted Sessions to protect him.
- Jan 23, 2018 – Sessions was questioned about collusion and obstruction of justice. He’s still over the FBI and has been pressuring them to change personnel.
- Jan 16, 2018 – Steve Bannon has gotten a subpoena to appear infront of a grand jury for the Mueller investigation. He talked a lot about the Russian meetings in the Wolff book.