- Jan 12, 2018 – There are 39 million Americans (11%) that have smart speakers. It saw a BIG bump over the holidays.
- Jan 31, 2018 – JP Morgan Chase now has VaynerMedia as their voice AOR.
Because Apple is a leader in the smartphone market and so early to market with Siri, it seems like voice-based computing is a HUGE opportunity. Honestly, it’s somewhere Amazon has leapfrogged Apple.
- Business Insider – Apple is said to be preparing its Amazon Echo killer — and it sounds like it could be expensive (May 1, 2017)
- Business Insider – Apple CEO Tim Cook explains how Siri improves his home life — and it’s a subtle shot at Amazon (Feb 1, 2017)
- Medium – Apple’s AirPods are junk, and it’s all Siri’s fault (Jan 8, 2017)
- TechCrunch – Google Home can now recognize up to six voices and give personalized responses (April 20, 2017)
- Jan 5, 2018 – “Google Assistant is now available on 400 million devices, including more than 6 million Home smart speakers sold since the Home Mini first became available last October.”
- Jan 6, 2018 – Google is doubling down on pushing Google Assistant at CES
- Jan 12, 2018 – Cortana isn’t getting much love. It’s getting pushed aside for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Integrated Microsoft Cortanta into a smart thermostat
- Roxy & Tact are startups
- Amazon is pushing Amazon Alexa for Business