When I was younger, I’d go grocery shopping with my dad. Before the store, we’d get a coffee. At that point it was sugary coffee drinks. At some point it morphed into a real love of the art of coffee.
I also noticed that with the right coffee gear you can get better flavor out of even mediocre beans.
Here’s the setup that I’d recommend…
- Chemex – I make coffee for my wife and I every morning. The Chemex is perfect for both of us.
- Chemex Filters
- Aeropress – When I need a quick coffee, like right now, I love my Aeropress. Brew time is under 2 minutes.
- Capresso Burr Grinder – The burr grinder is pretty key. It gets a more consistent grind than the blade grinder.
- Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle – You don’t want a straight boil. You want about 200 degrees. This gets it there easily. It’s pretty slow to get going but works well.
- Kitchen Scale – Gotta get the right amount of beans. I still use a 16:1 water to grinds ratio.
What does your coffee setup look like?